Has a critical moment arrived when you suspect that your past experience, emotional resources, or usual support people will not get you through the challenges at hand?
Have you lost someone? Has your physical health or the health of someone you love deteriorated?
Have you achieved long-standing goals only to find that life satisfaction eludes you? Do you wonder if you are strong/smart/good enough? Is your time consumed with comparing and criticizing?
Do you feel alone, misunderstood, or reluctant to “burden” the people around you with your problems?
I help people tolerate hardship and change. Clients use me as a sounding board, a support, and a strategist. I locate and amplify the resilience we all carry within but often underestimate under acute or chronic duress.
Through direct, down-to-earth conversations, clients reach the understanding of relationships, internal processes, and behaviors that allows them to align day-to-day living with what they want their lives to be.
Together we identify and evaluate assumptions and refine the management of competing demands. We use a trusting and confidential relationship, insights, and skills to grow.
I help clients find their new normal during and after devastating losses such as miscarriage, diagnosis of illness, death of a loved one, or divorce.
Thank you for considering collaborating with me in pragmatic, time-conscious talk therapy.
Clients I work with most include:
- Adults experiencing anxiety, depression, or panic attacks
- Parents experiencing postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety, postpartum OCD or any of these mood complications during pregnancy
- Couples experiencing conflict, distance, or communication breakdown
- Parents experiencing grief over pregnancy loss, infertility, neonatal hospitalization, or pregnancy complications
- Professional caregivers from nurses to doctors to therapists who feel stressed, compassion fatigued, or burned out
- Adults and couples navigating grief, particularly pregnancy or child loss
- Family caregivers such as parents or adult children of aging or cognitively-impaired parents
Locations: Clients work with me via telehealth. In-person care may resume in Chicago and Evanston post-pandemic.
Insurance: I am an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO, Blue Choice, Cigna, Lyra, Medicare, and Optum/United Healthcare. I help clients seek reimbursement for out of network services. I work on a sliding scale for uninsured patients.
Languages: I work in English y tambien trabajo en español.
Contact: Clients reach me through email@example.com or 312.375.4953